Back pain is a worldwide health and wellness issue that causes more disability than any other condition. Back pain occurs in more than eight percent of all adults and, if not treated properly, can lead to chronic pain that reduces your quality of life. At Precision Chiropractic Clinic in Northridge, Dr. Villarreal effectively diagnoses, treats, and helps our community members reduce back pain.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Back pain can come on suddenly or become progressively worse over time. Some back conditions come with additional soreness or shooting pain in the lower extremities. The most common cause of back pain is a soft tissue injury resulting from muscle sprains or strains. Poor posture, over time, typically results in back discomfort.
Lifting heavy objects without bending your knees can also cause injury and distress. More significant back pain can emanate from damage to intervertebral discs, nerve root compression, and spinal joints that move improperly. Osteoarthritis, scoliosis, trauma, and compression fractures can also result in severe conditions.
There are three types of back pain; acute, sub-acute, and chronic. Acute back pain resolves through the natural healing process, usually within 4-6 weeks. Sub-acute back pain lasts 4-12 weeks, and chronic conditions generally last more than three months without resolution.
Chiropractors Offer Exceptional Treatment
Chiropractic care is one of the most common treatment options for people with acute, sub-acute, and chronic back pain. Chiropractic care is widely recognized among the safest and most effective treatments available.
It involves a holistic approach that offers a diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of musculoskeletal injuries and disorders. Chiropractic care aims to ease pain, enhance mobility, and support improved alignment. Chiropractic care emphasizes the body’s ability to heal itself through:
- Manual Adjustments: Using the hands to manipulate the joints to reduce pain and discomfort.
- Physiotherapy Techniques: Includes massage, joint manipulation, and other soft tissue pain reduction techniques.
- Decompression Therapy: Using a traction table or other device to reduce back pain.
- Corrective Exercises: These exercises are designed to fix overcompensations and imbalances to restore balance to the body.
- Lifestyle Coaching: Help the patient create goals and design a plan to achieve them.
- Spinal and Postural Screenings: Reveal important health information to make treatment more comprehensive and accurate.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Northridge, CA
At Precision Chiropractic Clinic in Northridge, Dr. Villarreal provides the services necessary for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of musculoskeletal injuries and disorders. Call our team today at (818) 734-0022 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.